Ulcerative Colitis is a gynecological health disorder characterized by inflammation of the inner lining of the rectum and colon. The condition originates in the rectum and then gradually spreads upward to the colon through the inner lining.
The major causes of Ulcerative Colitis are as follows:
- Autoimmune disease
- Allergies to certain specific food items
- Genetic or hereditary factors
- Various types of body infections occurring in a woman’s body
- Exposure to excessive heat or sun radiations
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Addiction to smoking
- Physical overexertion
- Consumption of too much spicy, sour or stale food
The most common symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis are as follows:
- Undigested stool in yellow or slight bluish color
- Irregular bowel movement
- Weakness or fatigue
- Unpleasant odor of the body
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Rectal pain occasionally
- Burning sensation in the throat
Ulcerative Colitis in Ayurvedic text is known as ‘Pittaj Grahan’ that is primarily a disease of the vitiated pita dosha. However, varying degree of vata dosha is involved in the occurrence of this health condition in some cases depending on respective body constitution. This vitiation tremendously damages the Rakta Dhatu and Mamsa Dhatu known as blood tissue and muscle tissue respectively. This destruction eventually leads to the formation of ama that further accumulates within the villi of the intestine.
This in turn forms a smooth coating in the villi and starts to hamper the normal functioning of the intestine. If the vata dosha is responsible for the cause, then it causes a blockage for the pita and kapha dosha and results in inflammation of the mucous and edema. When it comes to ulcerative colitis diagnosis as per the ayurvedic grantas, it is based on the body constitution and levels of all three energy elements in the body.
Some of the best ulcerative colitis therapy India includes:
- Creating an infection free environment with clean and hygienic surroundings
- Increasing the digestive power by consuming more of agni or fire pacifying foods wood apple or bael that helps in reducing the number of bowel movements.
- Treatment with vasa or adhatoda beddome, kaharwa, and trinkant to stop bleeding
- Treatment with medhya herbs to deal with various types of anxiety stress disorders that aggravates this woman health disorder.
Then there are ayurvedic herbs like jatiphala, haritaki, jiraka, dried bilva fruit, dhanyaka, bilva, ativisa, mustaka, pomegranate, kutaja, pippali, shallakari, haridra, yastimadhu, shatavari, chirata, and gudichi in various different combinations
- Then there are therapies like vasti therapy or enema that helps eliminate all the toxins and infectious biological substances from the body. Vasti can be either oil based known as anuvasana or decoction based known as niruha.
Parijatak with the best obstetrician in india and the best gynecologist in India is based in the zero mile city of the country, Nagpur. From the center, this wellness resort provides miraculous treatment plans for colitis and various other gynecological diseases.